Sunday, January 27, 2013

Beyond Beyond

Kim has told us that we will not be getting a weekly reminder that she has posted, this could be cataclysmic for me!
I received the Texture Tuesday and went to work with it yesterday, I added it to the photo that I had taken and decided was 'the best' as instructed in the class.
Apparently there is a price for being late with Texture Tuesday and the link no longer exists!
Back to the drawing board.
here is my original using Kim's 'minus 34'



Then I got a little crazy and changed 'minus 43' from the original to a more purple hue, here is that version, which do you prefer?

here is a close up of one of the orchids, again with Kim's minus 34 texture. I just love the tiny frills and the yellow and purple combination. 
i would never put those two colours together in life, but, nature does it so beautifully.
I think I maybe spent more time getting close and around rather than above and below, lesson learned!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are both gorgeous. The bottom one has a lovely watercolor effect, and the top one has an old world effect! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the top one has kind of a Japanese feel to it & I like that. But my favorite is the one where you gave the background a purple hue. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete